Bank On Washington Forum 2023
2000 Tower St.
Everett, WA 98201
*We have reached capacity! If you are interested in attending, please continue the registration process to be added to the waitlist. We may have additional spots after October 10th - we will let you know!
We’re very excited to convene our 2023 Bank On WA Annual Forum, Fostering Financial Belonging: Connect | Expand | Strengthen | Empower Building on last year’s forum, we will explore what it takes to create conditions where all Washingtonians feel they belong and can achieve financial wellbeing.
Participants will have the opportunity to select one of 5 areas of focus and will join a smaller learning group to process and discuss the content together during the 2-day event. The focus areas are youth, immigrants & refugees, justice-involved individuals, microenterprise, and black homeownership initiative. We are leaning in to creating even more space for networking and interaction, balancing content provided from the front of the room and expertise shared from the whole community. And we are excited to offer the opportunity to dive deeper into what financial inclusion and financial belonging means in the context of work in these areas. Read more about the Action Squads and check out the full agenda here!
What is the Bank On WA Forum?
Our annual Bank On Forum is more than just an annual gathering; it’s an incubator of new ideas and opportunities to help improve the financial stability of our un- and underbanked neighbors. Our goal for the forum is that people across sectors will come together to learn together and from one another, engaging in:
- Creative problem-solving
- Imagining solutions
- Elevating positive and successful work happening around the state and country
and will leave the forum with specific, actionable steps they can take in their role to increase the equitable financial inclusion and financial wellness of their community and all Washingtonians.
Who should attend?
- Financial institutions, government & financial regulators, community-based organizations, and educators (K-12 and higher ed.) who provide financial products, services, or programs to low-income and marginalized Washingtonians, and are interested in increasing financial inclusion and financial wellness
- Decision-makers and influencers in financial product and program design
- Those working in financial wellness*, especially those working directly with communities to connect people to safe, affordable, accessible financial products and services
- Those wishing to get more engaged in financial wellness* work going forward
* We define financial wellness to include those who offer financial coaching, counseling, education, or other financial services, or who have key financial conversations with clients, customers, or community members
Registration is now open!
Registration fee: $150
*Nonprofit discount of $75 is available with coupon code: Nonprofit23
*Bringing a large group? Discount of $100 off per registrant available for organizations that send 5+ participants with coupon code: BigTeam23
If cost is a barrier to attendance, please reach out to request a scholarship: firstname.lastname@example.org
October 23rd & 24th 2023
Day One: 10:30 am - 5:30 pm (Check in and networking starts at 9:30 am)
Day Two: 8:30 am - 1:30 pm (Breakfast starts at 8:00 am)
*Does your community struggle with obtaining the correct identification required to open an account? Consider staying for a free DFI-sponsored event happening the afternoon of October 24th from 2-4:30 pm: Identification Requirements: Models for Growing Inclusion. Learn more and register here
Everett Community College
Jackson Conference Center
2000 Tower St.
Everett, WA 98201